Style/Beat Recognition

Reaction score
Hello to my fellow musicians

My query is regarding selection of style/beats on the keyboard. Is anyone aware of some kinda software that can help me choose the appropriate beat/style to match the song?

I find it really difficult to select styles while playing a particular song. It is easy to identify the basic like waltz and reggae but for the other songs it takes around an hour or more to go through all the styles to identify what style would suit a particular song.

If anyone is aware of a SOFTWARE that can help me or a method to help me identify styles I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hello,

I have posted over 500 song specific styles for Yamaha keyboards on the PSR forum and they are available for free downloads.

Regards,

ed3player

Reaction score
What keyboard are you using?

Some like a Yamaha has inbuilt songs and downloadable tutorial books

There are plenty of books aimed at people who are learning to play and these progress onto more advanced arrangements. As well as a printed Scores with lyrics , melody lines and chords these frequently include the suggested Style and Tempo.

Reaction score
Hello,

My Yamaha song styles were all created on my Tyros 5 and use the SFF2 format and will play on most Yamaha keyboards.

The styles included with Yamaha keyboards are by genre and are not song title specific as with other brands of keyboards. The styles that I have posted are song title specific with correct intros, instrumentations and endings.

Regards,

ed3player

Reaction score
Hello,

My Yamaha song styles were all created on my Tyros 5 and use the SFF2 format and will play on most Yamaha keyboards.

The styles included with Yamaha keyboards are by genre and are not song title specific as with other brands of keyboards. The styles that I have posted are song title specific with correct intros, instrumentations and endings.

Regards,

ed3player

I read the Op’s posts as that they cannot decide what Style to select for a specific song.

Reaction score
I am not a member at the PSR forum. Would it be possible to post a link here for the "styles"?
Thanks Ray
Ray,
I have attached the song styles in a zip format. I hope these help you in learning what styles work with songs and the tempo used. They also should make playing more fun along with learning your keyboard.

Regards,

Ed

Attachments

• ^195SongStyles.zip
    32 KB · Views: 201

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Thanks for the zip file Ed. Just woke up this morning and saw it there. Later today I will unzip it to my pc.

My KB has hundreds of styles already. Easy to find a suitable rock beat or jazz rhythm suitable to the tune I wantvto play, but It's the intro's to many famous tunes which are missing.

Cheers Ray

Reaction score
Ray,
I have attached the song styles in a zip format. I hope these help you in learning what styles work with songs and the tempo used. They also should make playing more fun along with learning your keyboard.

Regards,

Ed
Sorry to tell you this Ed . . But those files are corrupt according to my PC.
Thanks anyway.
Ray
Ray,

Thanks for the info I will check the file I sent you and if it is corrupt I will try again.

Ed

Reaction score
Ray,

You are correct, the file is corrupt.

Try this, checked OK on my computer.

Ed

Attachments

• 70SongStyles.zip
    662 KB · Views: 194

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks Ed,
They certainly are not corrupt. I can see all of the songs.
I am not a computer nerd and virtually get things happening by default. But in this case I am lost.
Do I just copy all those files to a USB stick and then plug in that stick to my Keyboard?
Maybe I need a special program ??
I am sorry I am an old man . . lol . . Give me a hammer and nail and I have it sorted.
cheers
Ray

Reaction score
Thanks Ed,
They certainly are not corrupt. I can see all of the songs.
I am not a computer nerd and virtually get things happening by default. But in this case I am lost.
Do I just copy all those files to a USB stick and then plug in that stick to my Keyboard?
Maybe I need a special program ??
I am sorry I am an old man . . lol . . Give me a hammer and nail and I have it sorted.
cheers
Ray

Ray,

Unzip and copy all the files to a USB stick and plug it into the front panel USB port. Use the TAB buttons on the control panel to find the USB stick and highlight the style you want to use.

Let me know if you get the styles to work.

Ed

Reaction score
Ed

Do your Style files run from the USB drive or will they need loading into User Banks?

I know that Ray’s Yamaha is a PSR S 650 and I do not know if the Tyros operates in a similar manner.

Handy to know about your Style files for future reference.

Reaction score
Ed

Do your Style files run from the USB drive or will they need loading into User Banks?

I know that Ray’s Yamaha is a PSR S 650 and I do not know if the Tyros operates in a similar manner.

Handy to know about your Style files for future reference.
Yes my styles will run from the USB drive.

Ed

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Ed,
It all works :) Thanks heaps!
I used a 16GB flash drive. Works a treat. Someone once said 32GB's don't work on PSR S models.

Some fantastic tunes in that lot. The intro's are so real like! Many hours of fun playing for me in the making!

Just a slight anomaly to sort out. The intro's and chords are very loud drowning out my right hand melody play.
Not sure how to fix that. I guess I will have to study the manual.

But so far I am excited to see much potential.

cheers and thanks again.
Ray

Reaction score
As typical of so many manufacturers the Owners manual sucks it says you can adjust the split volume in the Function memory then it goes on the say see the Reference manual so I downloaded that and found, Function memu > Category, scroll down and you will find the adjustment you seek.

You could also adjust volumes via the Mixer.

Press and hold the Regist/Part [Mixer] for longer than 1s and the Mixer will pop up.

The Registration consists of different instruments on each of the available tracks and each track can have its volume adjusted on the range 0-127.

Locate the sounds to the left or right of the split as needed and adjust the level of that track.

Section 6 Mixer page 47 of the manual I viewed which is this one

It is so much easier with a Korg, there is its own Balance adjustment knob, no menu to fiddle with.

Last edited:

Ask a Question