Synth rack module supporting imported patches

Reaction score
I'm looking for a synth module that supports importing external sounds. It could also have a mode for built-in oscillators, but importing external sounds is a must.
It should have all the physical sound design knobs/sliders (filters, LFOs, effects etc.).
It should also fit to a 19" rack and height of 3U.

Is there such a thing?

Reaction score
I'm guessing you mean importing external samples (wave data)?

The only rack-mounted user-sample synth with a lot of front panel control I can think of (at least from this century) is the Roland V-Synth XT, though it's 4U high.

You haven't described exactly what it is you want to do, but some other small or smallish devices that let you load custom samples and pretty easily manipulate them (in some fashion) from the front panel could include Korg Microsampler, original Nord Wave, Waldorf Blofeld (also available as a module, though not rack-mountable). Or maybe an iPad app. If exactly what you're looking for doesn't exist, maybe one of these "near misses" could suffice.

Reaction score
The reason I mentioned the Blofeld but not the Sledge is that I was trying to stick with, if not modules, at least things that were pretty compact. The Sledge is large. Same reason I mentioned the original Nord Wave, and not the NW2.

Ask a Question