Upgrade to Roland FP-30X?

Reaction score
I have owned a Roland FP-30 for several years now. I really enjoy it. I was wondering if anyone who has owned and FP-30 upgraded to an FP-30X?
Was it worth it? Was it better? Or should I just wait a few more years when Roland might come out with a whole new line up of digital pianos. thanks!

Reaction score
I used to have an FP-30, then my next board was an RD-88; which was an upgrade to me. I think the move to a 30X is a change, yes, but not as much an upgrade. But after a couple of years, my RD-88 was moved along and I got the Fantom-08. Each of those changes to me, qualified as a very good upgrade in capability (oh -- and price too!).

Someone might come along and suggest instead to "But smart, buy once" and they'd be right (to save $$ over the long run), but the FP-30 was in my limited budget at the time and the Fantom-08 wasn't even out yet; but I understand the concept. Yet I learned a lot about what I liked and needed, and what I wanted for the next board by moving through those 3 boards from Roland.

I'd suggest you need to think more about what you're wanting to do with the keyboard and what your future plans are; and then share that with us, as that info would help others make better "upgrade" suggestions for you.

Old No7

Reaction score
It is not much of an upgrade, more a revision of the lineup by Roland.

Totally depends upon what you want out of your DP.

I’d suggest taking a look at the FP e50, same action, same sounds, zencore tech, onboard arranger features.

Or look at a FP 60x or 90x or a stage DP like the RD88.

Ask a Question