What is a good quality double or two tier keyboard stand?

Reaction score
I have two TGI TGKT1 keyboard stands and they are great because they are very sturdy (the keyboard doesn't wobble when you play) and have a lot of leg room underneath. So a keyboard stand like that but with two tiers would be great. What do you think?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own two Onstage KS7365EJ two tier stands. They are both solid as a rock. I could rebuild a car engine on top of one of these stands. They do not wobble at all. Also plenty of legroom and room for pedals.

Less expensive than the quicklok equivalents and IMHO far sturdier.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
9A898B14-9194-44CF-9F39-8FBFD6177176.png

I have one of these and you will be hard pressed to find another Z stand as Heavy Duty as a Hercules.

Downside is, they are not cheap.

Reaction score
I own two Onstage KS7365EJ two tier stands. They are both solid as a rock. I could rebuild a car engine on top of one of these stands. They do not wobble at all. Also plenty of legroom and room for pedals.

Less expensive than the quicklok equivalents and IMHO far sturdier.

Gary ;)
Thank you very much for telling me about this. I found a result which said it can be bought for £130

Reaction score
Bought my Hercules from Andertons, currently it is £135 from them.

You will probably find that the Onstage products are not as available in the UK as other brands and when I was looking I could not find many suppliers other than Amazon where the Onstage KS7365EJ is currently £130.

I prefer to buy from Music Stores rather than Amazon but locally none had the Hercules in stock so I took a punt at it with confidence as all my Music Stands, mike stand and Guitar stands are all Hercules and all are very well made and very robust.

Reaction score

You will probably find that the Onstage products are not as available in the UK as other brands and when I was looking I could not find many suppliers other than Amazon where the Onstage KS7365EJ is currently £130.

I prefer to buy from Music Stores rather than Amazon but locally none had the Hercules in stock so I took a punt at it with confidence as all my Music Stands, mike stand and Guitar stands are all Hercules and all are very well made and very robust.
I'm a bit confused. Did you buy your Hercules from Andertons or Amazon?

Reaction score
I bought my Hercules stand from Andertons.

The Amazon link in my previous is for the Onstage model that Gary suggests.

Onstage does not have the same availability in the UK as other stand manufacturers hence the Amazon link.

Reaction score

Do you think the Hercules can hold a keyboard with the dimensions 1397 x 445 x 146mm? That is a DGX 660 I'm talking about. My current keyboard. I mean on the lower tier.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
More important is the weight capacity of the stand.

The Onstage is rated for up to 350 Lbs.

On mine I have a 56 inch wide Kurzweil on one that weighs 54 lbs and on the other I have a 56 inch wide Roland Juno that weighs 34 lbs.

Neither one of them wobbles a bit.

Width on the Onstage is adjustable.

I have width on both of them adjusted to about 33 inches.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
More important is the weight capacity of the stand.

The Onstage is rated for up to 350 Lbs.

On mine I have a 56 inch wide Kurzweil on one that weighs 54 lbs and on the other I have a 56 inch wide Roland Juno that weighs 34 lbs.

Neither one of them wobbles a bit.

Width on the Onstage is adjustable.

I have width on both of them adjusted to about 33 inches.

Gary ;)
Thanks very much for that information Gary. It's telling.

Reaction score
I have two TGI TGKT1 keyboard stands and they are great because they are very sturdy (the keyboard doesn't wobble when you play) and have a lot of leg room underneath. So a keyboard stand like that but with two tiers would be great. What do you think?
I don't think anyone has asked you this yet. Is your keyboard rig stationary or do you need to move it for gigging/rehearsal?

If you need mobility, consider that as a factor when deciding - some multiple-tier setups, while sturdy, take an age to set up and tear down. Not good when you're on the clock.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you watch the video I linked you can see that after the first setup the Onstage breaks down to two pieces for simple transport and setup and teardown takes less than 5 minutes once you know what you're doing.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has asked you this yet. Is your keyboard rig stationary or do you need to move it for gigging/rehearsal?

If you need mobility, consider that as a factor when deciding - some multiple-tier setups, while sturdy, take an age to set up and tear down. Not good when you're on the clock.
Ah okay, I should have mentioned. Yeah I want something that is quick to set up and take down.

Reaction score
Ah okay, I should have mentioned. Yeah I want something that is quick to set up and take down.
No problem, its width adjustable.

My Korg is as c440 so it looks like the arms are long enough fir yours.

Weight capacity is not an issue.
And a new question about an issue I have just been made aware of. Can the Hercules be set up and taken down quickly?

Reaction score
Yeah I want something that is quick to set up and take down.
This is what I use.

The 18880 is the base, then you add the 18882 stacker for the second tier.

Pros:

- Fast: Sets up in 10 seconds, packs down in 5 seconds. If you're taking your time.
- Light: Weighs just over 3kg - maybe 4kg with the stackers.
- Convenient: Lots of room for pedals
- Strong: Rated to 50kg load bearing capacity

Cons:

- Expensive
- Gets a little "side to side" shimmy if you use it at max height like I do (I stand up to play).
- I'm told the little pegs that hold the top keyboard in place on the stackers are not overly robust. I use a small amount of adhesive to keep my top 'board in place rather than rely on the pegs so can't confirm or deny this.

I've not found anything that comes close to this stand if you gig regularly with two keyboards. FWIW I'm personally not a fan of column stands, the feet get in the way of my pedals.

Last edited:

Ask a Question