What is a good quality double or two tier keyboard stand?

Reaction score
As far as stands, stools and benches are concerned, I don’t want anything else anymore but K&M...

Reaction score
Hercules takes less than two minutes to put up hence why it is marketed as part of the Quicklock range.
I have now received the Hercules stand. An impressive thing but I find the top tier can have a little side-to-side shimmy. Do you find this? I could maybe get used to it. I wonder if it's inevitable and if other double tier stands are like this too. The bottom tier is solid though.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No shimmy at all on my Onstage stands. Bottom tier and top are securely locked into place when playing.

Gary ;)

Reaction score

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look at the differences in how the Onstage and the Hercules attach the second tier. The Onstage uses an extremely secure insert and locking T mechanism to attach the top tier while the Hercules seems to use a snap together design.

The Onstage also seems to be constructed of heavier tubing.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Look at the differences in how the Onstage and the Hercules attach the second tier. The Onstage uses an extremely secure insert and locking T mechanism to attach the top tier while the Hercules seems to use a snap together design.

The Onstage also seems to be constructed of heavier tubing.

Gary ;)
Thanks Gary. I'm now thinking about sending the Hercules one back and ordering the Onstage. *Big sigh*

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with my Onstage stands, but then again I don't move them around much either.

You'll either have to make a tradeoff between stability and portability or else learn to deal with whichever one you finally decide to keep.

Then again is an extra 3 minutes assembly and teardown time going to ruin your life? The Onstage takes about 5 minutes to teardown and setup. The Hercules takes 2.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I have now received the Hercules stand. An impressive thing but I find the top tier can have a little side-to-side shimmy. Do you find this? I could maybe get used to it. I wonder if it's inevitable and if other double tier stands are like this too. The bottom tier is solid though.

Mine does have a little side to side shimmy but I have not found it a problem when playing.

The Onstage that Gary recommends is not very popular in the Country where I live and hence I could not see one before I bought the Hercules.

One advantage of the Hercules is that it is not industrial looking scaffolding like the Onstage is but the latter does look very robust and no doubt ideal for a studio environment.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Reaction score
I now have an Onstage KS7365-EJ. It is real solid in almost all places. A have two bits of criticism for it. It shakes slightly at its "ankles"; where its legs join its feet because that area maybe isn't built quite like the rest of it. I don't know if making the screw tighter would make it more solid. And the stand has a bit of likelihood to tip backwards, maybe more than other stands, so you just have to be careful and not push it back too much. I'll stick with this stand. Thank you everyone for your input.

Last edited:

Ask a Question