What sounds would you like to see improved on the AKX10?

Reaction score
Timur at Global Sounds called me last night and gave me a listen to his new sounds for our Medeli’s, as with his sounds for the Korgs PA’s these are extraordinary even over the internet!
He’s dedicating more ram to his sounds than Medeli did so they’re richer and more accurate to the acoustic equivalent. Here’s what I suggested to him…

Instead of 200 voices ( how many of us use a lot of different instruments?) that he has to divide available ram space to, why not dedicate that ram to instruments we actually need? He agreed so..
What instruments do you actually need to create your music?

Reaction score
Yeah...

I received his email last night...

The file is $150...

Makes more sense to have a third (70) higher quality sounds and styles using the RAM - than 200 "lower" quality sounds using the same RAM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah...

I received his email last night...

The file is $150...

Makes more sense to have a third (70) higher quality sounds and styles using the RAM - than 200 "lower" quality sounds using the same RAM.
Be sure and tell Timur so he’ll know.

Reaction score
I agree with you - better to have fewer higher quality instruments than many mediocre ones..

For me, it would be:
1. An improved Grand Piano sound - the factory one isn't too bad, but to me it sounds a bit muddy, especially in the lows.
2. Some good/better guitars, especially electric ones. I like the acoustic steel and nylon, but the electrics are a bit dull
3. Some improved saxes and woodwind would also be welcome.

I also exchanged mails with Timur and it appears the above will be addressed, so fingers crossed..

Reaction score
Because of the music our duo plays ( classic and country rock) great pianos, strings, organs, choirs, steel guitars ( slide steel) and even banjos are staples of our songs. Original and covers.
When I owned my Korg 4X the multipads would trigger picking banjos, whining steel guitars and even great synth raps, I miss those on my AKX10 and even my Yamaha SX900.

Reaction score
I agree with you - better to have fewer higher quality instruments than many mediocre ones..

For me, it would be:
1. An improved Grand Piano sound - the factory one isn't too bad, but to me it sounds a bit muddy, especially in the lows.
2. Some good/better guitars, especially electric ones. I like the acoustic steel and nylon, but the electrics are a bit dull
3. Some improved saxes and woodwind would also be welcome.

I also exchanged mails with Timur and it appears the above will be addressed, so fingers crossed..
I totally agree! Much improved phrase pads and the ability to backup the keyboard would also be great! Sadly Timur can only do so much but what he is able to he does very well.

Reaction score
I rather have quality over quantity, a better Grand Piano sound, new acoustic guitars, trumpets, accordion, strings, warm pad and synth sounds.

Reaction score
Ok, thanks! It would be very nice if he would give informations here in the thread. Maybe someone in contact can tell him? There is still a lot of room for improvement in the area of samples. I also would be interested. :)

Reaction score
Ok, thanks! It would be very nice if he would give informations here in the thread. Maybe someone in contact can tell him? There is still a lot of room for improvement in the area of samples. I also would be interested. :)
He and I stay in pretty constant contact either via internet or face time. His sounds should be ready soon, hopefully he’s able to send them to me this week for a complete listening to from my keyboard. What I’ve heard so far I think will make most people very happy.

Reaction score
I will be interested to hear how everyone likes the new sound files. I just received my AKX10 and, so far, the sounds are fine with me. I am pretty old and have a fair amount of hearing loss so the nuances of good sounds are sometimes lost on me. That being said, I am glad to see third party support for the AKX10 so I would be inclined to get the new sounds.

Update: I just went to the site and the AKX10 sounds are listed for sale. I don't know if you can actually order them but it shouldn't be long.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would like the sounds to be richer like in my very old Ketron X1, with amazing saxophone voices, flamenco guitars, accordions, set of ensemble vocals and more. What I hate on the AKX10, but of course I don't have to use it, is the distortion guitar sound
Apart from sounds, my ultimate wish would be to have music score and lyrics karaoke style display on the beautiful high-res screen. And a tempo bar display.
Would require hardware changes of course, but it would also be nice to have video HDMI output.

Reaction score
I think the AXS sounds from Medeli have a good quality.
Most of the other sounds arent‘ very good and often they are pretty bad.
As a vendor it’s probably a marketing thing to have 1000+ sounds.

You can buy third party sounds.
But I tried and - honestly - it was a pure waste of money.

The best way is to convert (free available) SF-2/SFZ sounds to Medeli voi.
The trick is to find those high quality sounds (perhaps 1 or 2 out of 100).
And often tweaking is neccessary (loops, envelopes, velocity layers, samples, fx…).

Are you especially interested in better guitar sounds?

Ask a Question