PSR E433 Making Distored Sounds on Piano Voice after bootup.

Reaction score
Do keep in mind i tried resetting by holding white key and the holding white key+ black keys method. Both of which did not work

When the keyboard is booting and the Yamaha logo is on top everything is fine. The piano sounds normal.

But after it finished booting and the Yamaha logo goes away everything starts to sound a bit off. Like a bit of reverb is added to the note. Other voices seems to sound normal except the Grand Piano.

I used a midi connection to use Simply Piano Midi controller and I do not know if this is the cause.

Any help? Im willing to provide an audio sample for the above observation.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What happens if you disconnect the controller? Does it sound okay then?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Well, if there's nothing connected to the keyboard then it can't be any sort of "MIDI feedback."

You mentioned "a bit of reverb." From what I saw back when I had both a Casio CTK and a Yamaha PSR, and was playing both side-by-side comparing the sounds of their voices, Yamaha seems to like adding a lot of reverb to their voices, especially their acoustic piano voices. Fortunately, the reverb generally isn't part of the voice itself (although recorded sounds might have some small amount of natural reverb due to the acoustics in the room when they were being recorded), but instead comes from the DSP effects and hence can be turned up or down as desired.

You might try going into the Function menu after you've selected the voice, navigate to the "M.Reverb" function, and turn down the reverb.

Another thought is that the PSR-E433 has two Live Control knobs, and one of those knobs can be set to control the amount of reverb added to the voice; the other knob will control the amount of chorus when using that particular setting. You might check to make sure that one or both of those knobs haven't been cranked way up and left in that position.

Ask a Question