What wire do u use to connect a piano to a computer?

Reaction score
Hi! I have a YAMAHA PSR-E253 and I've been struggling on how to connect this thing to my hp computer. I've surfed the internet but I just don't know the right answer. I've also checked the manual and it said that I can use the phones/output to connect it to my computer BUT I don't know what type of wire to use.

Attachments

• 16215397787508348009298888128369.jpg
    16215397787508348009298888128369.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Reaction score
You can connect the phones/output jack to your computer soundcard input using a stereo 1/8" or 3.5mm cable. This will allow you to send sound to your computer for recording or playing through the computer speakers. You may have to adjust some settings on your computer.

Reaction score
Welcome

Your 253 looks to have a 1/4 inch jack socket for its audio output.

Can you advise what input sockets are available on your computer?

They may be a 1/8 inch socket or a pair of Phono connectors.

An image will also help.

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. I missed that it was 1/4". Important to understand though that basically the only thing you're going to be able to do is send the sound to your computer. You won't be able to interact with your keyboard from your computer to do things like updates or send patches or anything like that.

Reaction score
IzzyIsMe, I would buy this - Presonus Audiobox . It will connect to your computer with USB and comes with recording software that is easy to setup and use. You will need this cable Stereo Y- Splitter to connect your keyboard to the Audiobox. This will allow you to record your keyboard on the computer.

The Audiobox also allows MIDI connections in and out of your computer, which you are going to want down the road as you expand your interests, and speaker out jacks to connect them to your powered studio monitors.

Your YAMAHA PSR-E253 doesn't support MIDI. Research and learn what MIDI is. As you grow and learn, this technology needs to be part of your studio.

Ask a Question