Where can i get digtal keyboard with narrower keys for small hands eg kids or shorter people

Reaction score
I read the old thread and they linked models that expried.

I'm really surprised it's not easier to find this product. I want something small kids and 5' person can play. It would be more ergo / comfortable than a standard keyed

I would prefer quality digital keyboard, but the fit comes first.

Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Be specific.

Do you want something you would hand over to a 5 year old or do you want, as an adult to make serious music?

This ain't no "one size fits all" purchase.

BTW, Rumor has it the low end Yamahas have keys that are just a fraction of a hair smaller than a standard piano key.

Then again if you're catering to a 5 year old then there's the Casio SA-76

And still again, if you want to experiment with computerized music creation then there are numerous smaller keyed synths and controllers around that offer very professional results. ( And kids think they're hysterical :))

So like I said, be clear and be specific in what you are looking for.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yamaha Reface CP

A digital piano with small keys.

There are other types of Reface models available

Checkout Roland Go Keys and Go Piano

Casio make mini keyboards specifically for kids but also check out their Casiotone range of keyboards.

?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Five year olds have long learned to play "real" pianos, so key size per se is not an obstacle to children learning. But if that's what you're looking for, there are plenty of keyboards with "mini-keys" of various sizes... ones with built-in sounds, and also controllers designed to be connected to iPads and such. So questions to consider would be, how many keys should it have? does it need built-in sounds? does it need built-in speakers? The Yamaha Reface models mentioned above could be good options, among others... it depends what your priorities/goals are.

Reaction score
The PSS series from Yamaha do have small keys, I find them very suitable for the somewhat smaller fingers.
Especially the PSS 790, is fantastic with the vector synth joy stick....
Very nice keyboard with good sounds and sound quality

Ask a Question