where do i download a 6/8 beat?

Reaction score
i don't think our little keyboard has 6/8 beat
yamaha YPT-310 PSR E313
preferably free!
thanks all

Reaction score
You should be able to set the metronome to 6/8 (or 6/4 in double-time at least). Go over the functions, look for something along the lines of "TimeSig" (or just look over the manual).

My PSR-E303 has a couple of styles in 3/4 ("surf rock" I think and also some kind of waltz), they might be on your model as well.

Also, you could download some MIDI files (lots of them floating around on the web), take the drum tracks out in a sequencer (cnet/download.com have a few freeware/trial programs) and play along with those by either uploading them to the keyboard as "songs" or from/through the computer.

Reaction score
You should be able to set the metronome to 6/8 (or 6/4 in double-time at least). Go over the functions, look for something along the lines of "TimeSig" (or just look over the manual).

My PSR-E303 has a couple of styles in 3/4 ("surf rock" I think and also some kind of waltz), they might be on your model as well.

Also, you could download some MIDI files (lots of them floating around on the web), take the drum tracks out in a sequencer (cnet/download.com have a few freeware/trial programs) and play along with those by either uploading them to the keyboard as "songs" or from/through the computer.
thanks - i never knew that the E313 could do that!
and thanks for the manual

Reaction score
Reaction score
thanks - i never knew that the E313 could do that!
and thanks for the manual

Oh, given enough desperation and time, you can squeeze quite a lot out of a PSR.
Try connecting it to a PC, then running it along with this little app for extra effect - using a laptop for control, you can actually gig with this thing (providing you're ok with being mocked by gear snobs for using a PSR) :D

Reaction score
Oh, given enough desperation and time, you can squeeze quite a lot out of a PSR.
Try connecting it to a PC, then running it along with this little app for extra effect - using a laptop for control, you can actually gig with this thing (providing you're ok with being mocked by gear snobs for using a PSR) :D
thanks
an odd thing just happened. the screen read Invent 1, and when i pressed the start/stop button, out came a bach sounding tune that might have been a harpsichord.
i tried to look it up but did not find it.
any ideas?
thanks for your help

Reaction score
no problem :)

Sounds like you went into the song menu. you have those horizontal buttons to the right of the screen; "voice", "style" and "song" (I think, something like that). The process itself is described in the manual, though I don't think it lists the songs or the styles themselves. When you upload files to it or record, your tracks will appear at the end of the list in that menu.

Reaction score
You can try googling for it. There's a lot of traditional songs floating around the web (others too, but I'm not sure as to their technical legality). If all you need is the beat, you really should consider just making one yourself. I could make you the file if you want, but I'm not sure that the forums allow attaching *.mid or *.nwc files.

What song are we talking about, anyway?

Ask a Question