Wk 7500

mjm

Reaction score
I agree with you:D thats the correct answer but sometimes it can be found easily if a bit of homework is done (a second or 3?) before asking a question.
Manuals for (all) keyboards are in general a pisser to read but this was not dfficult to find and it is clearly stated. Mmmm who is pedantic now....;)
Regards
DickR

Thanks to The Y-Man for helpful responses. Razzies to DickR for a wasted lecture. I looked in the manual, searched online, couldn't find the answer so I asked the forum. No index and the table of contents gave no clues.

I now have the pdf version, so future searches will be much more productive....

Reaction score
Some relief finally

I just got one today....spent the last few hours with it. First impressions are not good...especially on some basic issues!

Firstly the on board speakers...they are bad beyond a hope of redemption ( higher sound frequencies like high hats , etc. are not heard or are muted) - but things get better when u use an external amp.
The tones are aplenty but almost bordering on useless if you are looking for a good full blooded pad type sound.
Don't even get me started on the Rock guitar sounds - the weirdest thing I ever heard - but then Casio have never been good at that and this one holds up that tradition well

The pitch bender is very slow to return to its original position , slowest compared to any keyboard i have ever come across

Just for reference I use a CTK 711 EX and a Triton LE alongside (and a Korg n364 till last year). I also miss the free session and the option to play either fingered or full range chord I had on my old trustworthy CTK... or did I miss a trick?

I'll keep trying to see what else ti can do for the rest of this week and I hope to find some significant positives.

Its not all bad, but I'd say definitively look around really hard for something else and only if you don't get anything that matches ur budget...well then get this one. Don't buy it because you think its a good quality playing instrument, buy it for all the other features which are actually quite good for a keyboard at this price point.

Well I wish some one who had already bought this keyboard had mentioned some of this before I invested in it, anyways its too late for me now... but buyer beware. I put it at 6.5/10.

I don't see it as a live performance keyboard - it perhaps maybe good for fiddling around with... at home

(God help me)

Cheers all

Hi All,

Over the last month , I have come to terms with what this keyboard is all about and as a matter of fact I think its great value for money, I have been able to work around most of my concerns mentioned in my post earlier . I have done a couple of gigs with it and it did perform competently.

On the flip side issues that remain are the quality of the rock guitar sounds - tried messing around with them but still no great shakes.Must admit that the lack of a numb pad did bother me - a lot . And of course I dd find it difficult finding my way around on this keyboard in dim lighting - given its color.

All said my impressions of this instrument have changed , seems to be a good buy

Cheers

Reaction score
Hej, hej

the Casio WK-7500 doesn't have special Midi-In and Midi-Out sockets.

Some days ago I found this interesting link:
http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/utilities/usb-host.shtml

As far I can remember the casio WK-7500 has a USB (B) socket.

So I think you can connect USB(B) socket from the keyboard to the Kenton MIDI USB Host USB(A) socket and then you have two fully equipped Midi sockets you can use for connections to keyboards, soundmoduls etc. which only have Midi sockets.
MIDI-USB-host-item1.jpg

What do you think about this?

Reaction score
Hi Goldi 5210

Quite interesting for linking for example 2 keyboards without using a computer if one of them has only a USB-B connector.
Thanks for sharing this info and link.

How are you doing up there??? Cold and wintery yet?

Regards
DickR

Reaction score
Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas hill country
Time to expose my ignorance.........
Yes, I've read the manual but there isn't a glossary and most of the "lingo" is beyond my current level.
My question for you experts:
Can I record "live" to the memory card or do I have to record my creation to the song sequencer first and then transfer the piece to the memory card ???
I'm thinkin' sequencer first, but ........

any and all advice greatly appreciated !!!

Thanx,

LD

Reaction score
Hi Luckydog,

As far as I know you have to record your masterpiece first into the keyboards memory and than you can save it to a memorycard as an SMF (standard midi file) file.

The 'lingo' is 'Chinese' for most of us in the beginning (if we don't speak Chinese of course) but it will hopefully stay in the grey cells after some time.
Keyboard manuals, ALL OF THEM and of ALL BRANDS are the most client-unfriendly pieces of sh.t around.
I had keyboards for many years and most people agree with this. The techs who design keyboards and write the manuals CAN NOT understand that the mucisians are not all electronically skilled whiskids and also are fed up with messages like 'see page ....' going there you will find 'see page ......' and so on and so on..

Regards
DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
Can I record "live" to the memory card or do I have to record my creation to the song sequencer first and then transfer the piece to the memory card ???
I'm thinkin' sequencer first, but ........

Sequencer first - try using the so called EASY REC (page E-68).

Then as per DickR's post above save as SMF if you are going to use on other machines/sequencer software etc.
(Step 5 on page E-139)

The Y-man

Reaction score
Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas hill country
Sequencer first - try using the so called EASY REC (page E-68).

Then as per DickR's post above save as SMF if you are going to use on other machines/sequencer software etc.
(Step 5 on page E-139)

The Y-man

Thanks, Y-man and DickR.......

I've finally mastered Yiruma's "A River Flows In You" and want to save it to a memory card.

LD

Reaction score
I've got a 3800 that I'm satisfied with, and and old 3000 I use to expirement on, but now I'm considering the 7500...

Now that some of you have had a chance to get to know the ups of downs of this unit... How do you like it?

The Y_man

Reaction score
I've got a 3800 that I'm satisfied with, and and old 3000 I use to expirement on, but now I'm considering the 7500...

Now that some of you have had a chance to get to know the ups of downs of this unit... How do you like it?

I used to think it sounded pretty weak - until I switched on my old 1980's vintage Yamaha PSR-500 - ok, the old Yamaha sounded very thin and screechy! :p

Other than the original gripes I found, it's been pretty good.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Thanks Y-man, I've check out a several 7500 demos on You tube also...
Think I'll be adding one to the collection soon....

Thanks again...

Reaction score
I wrote something about the 7500 yesterday but it seems to have dissapeared.
Here it is again, more or less.

First, don't judge this one on the demo's on YouTube it is not fair because the soundquality is MUCH better than you can get out of a computer.

It is a very GOOD keyboard FOR THE MONEY but as with every keyboard (and I had a few) there are pros and cons.
It has some very good Tones 'Voices' like piano's and saxes any many others. Violins I find so so. It has many rhythms 'styles' and you can also tweak them to your liking and store them in user area's.
Sounds are of course a matter of personal taste!
It has GRRRRRR only 2 variations!!!! but you can easy store 96 variations in memory if you need that many
No midi in out but an USB-B connector so you can connect to a computer using a simple (printer)cable like many newer keyboard these days.
Onboard speakers are pretty weak, I feed the line out to powered speakers and that makes a very BIG difference in sound quality.
The buttons, although they do the job fine, I find a bit small and the OS and display clumsy but that is my opinion.
Loading a song from the SD card takes quite long and you have to start with number 1 again and again (or I do something wrong).
Drawbars.... mmmmm... only 3 steps and 'home' and you hear the changes slightly when used when you play at the same time.
But in short, a 76 full size keys keyboard with so many gadgets, bells and wissles, recording and play back, microphone in etc etc etc. you can't go wrong. I don't think other brands come even close in this pricerange.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Must say, after 8 months, the strings still sound screechy (the synth strings are better, but I do use the octave strings a fair bit).

I have found my "favorite" sound now (my tastes) by modifying the Di Zi 2 with a very long release and high reverb.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hi Y-Man,

My Chinese is not so strong.... What is Di Zi 2. I am not very handy with tweaking on the Casio and would like to copy and try your favorite sound to hear what it is like.
How pls?????

DickR

Reaction score
Thanks Dick,

I'm going to check one out this weekend where I bought my 3800.
I only play for my own amusement and that of family and friends these days, and as you said "for the money", it should serve me well....

Thanks again Dick

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hi Y-Man,

My Chinese is not so strong.... What is Di Zi 2. I am not very handy with tweaking on the Casio and would like to copy and try your favorite sound to hear what it is like.
How pls?????

DickR

Hey DickR,

Sorry for the delay - back at my board now.

Tone Bank "Others I:009"

I modified to:
Release Time [+46]
Rev Send [040]

Cheers,

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hey Luckydog can you plz say say me whether the sound of ctk 7000 or wk 7500 is better than the ones in yamaha?? I am thinking to buy one of those models.......

Reaction score
To be honest, I have both Yamaha and the WK7500. To my taste the Yamaha sounds are richer. They use a more advanged technique to produce the sound BUT Yamaha's of the same sort of keyboard with all the belss and whisles as the Casio WK7500 are FAR more expensive.

Ask a Question