Wk 7500

Reaction score
If you have a WK3*** line (WK3700, WK3800, etc..) Casio, don't waste your money on the 7500. Casio took a huge step backwards on that line. Even better, find a WK8000 if you can get a hold of one. 88 keys, audio input, and otherwise identical to the WK3800!!

Reaction score
Can somebody help me in regards to this casio. I have been slowly trying to get my head around this new one having been playing WK3000 for so long.

I can't seem to manage the volume of the beats against the instruments. How can I take the volume down of the beats whilst keeping the instrument volume the same?
Does anyone know what it sounds like through a PA system?
The sounds sound much more treble and the strings not that great - especially the individual string instuments - will it sound better through a PA system?
I have found the Breathy Saxophone and the bass sounds the best but over all as I am using my loop station to put it through the volume is much lower. Will it sound better through a PA system? I have found some quite nice synth sounds and the odd piano but some are not very good. Any tips?
Sorry about all these questions but I have nowone else to ask and it's over a year old I know most of these people on here.

Reaction score
Can somebody help me in regards to this casio. I have been slowly trying to get my head around this new one having been playing WK3000 for so long.

Hi I have only had this keyboard for a week but I think i have a few answers for you! If you are going to this fom a Kawi-yammi-korg... you need to totally forget everything about how to navigate... all different..... with out the manual it is NOT easy to poke and figure..... and the manual is typical lame hard to understand need to read same this up to 4 times with keyboard in front of you.... lol and i write software lol and this is NOT user friendly for me ... BUT as others have said it cannot be touched for it's feature for even way more money elsewhere!
to edit.. tones, samples, rhythms, all first save it in it's user section,, then easy to change EVERYTHING!!!!!.. example to change levels or even instruments in a rhythm select it and push the "mixer" button use the left,right,up,down arrow buttons to navigate..select what you want to edit and the rest should be obvious! simularly to edit the tones themselves.. i have very very warm strings through my 12in 2 way powered speaker after tweeking them a bit in keyboard!..... this is a great little board for the money.. i would have paid up 800. for it if that was the price as it cannot be touched by any other brand in that price range.. but I hate ALL the rhythms it comes with..but 3 , too bad there is not a casio site or board where users share them!... but it is simple to creat your own from scratch... oh btw, I just save 4 to 5 user settings per song to get my variations and all for live play... yes i use it live it does well

The Y_man

Reaction score
I can't seem to manage the volume of the beats against the instruments. How can I take the volume down of the beats whilst keeping the instrument volume the same?
Does anyone know what it sounds like through a PA system?

The easiest way to turn down ALL accompaniment is using the Accomp Vol under functions - see page E-133 of the manual.

if you want to turn dow JUST the drums but keeping all other backing instruments same, you need to modify the MIX
See page E36

It sounds HEAPS better thru a PA.... belivee me

The Y-man

Reaction score
I agree, line out to a pair of powered speakers (I have my keyboards also hooked up to my home theatre system via a little mixer) makes a GREAT difference in sound.
Yes, forget about ANYTHING on other brands and start learning the (clumsy) 'Casio Way' of dealing with the operatings system. Not easy but it works.

For those who are interested and can't find them, I've attached a zipfile (I hope it works) with a load of downloaded external rhythms. They work all on my 7500 but I haven't done anything with them yet.
You have to load them of course in the user rhythms area (under the F button) and you can do that trough DATAMANAGER on a computer and a USB connection or via a SD-Card in a MUSICDAT-folder (one by clumsy one).

Reaction score
Hi DickR, happy to meet
no I do not see a DL link for a zip, but are these the ones from casio europe you are speaking of or some you created?

Reaction score
If you have a WK3*** line (WK3700, WK3800, etc..) Casio, don't waste your money on the 7500. Casio took a huge step backwards on that line. Even better, find a WK8000 if you can get a hold of one. 88 keys, audio input, and otherwise identical to the WK3800!!

go look at the manual and see one at store way beyond 37-3800 in options for creating "REAL" music for 88 keys and hammer action i use privia

Reaction score
Crunch01,
Same to you,
The zipfile seem to be lost in space. Yes they are downloads from Europe. I sorted them all out, also from previous models and kept the ones I think are usable (for me). If you have them, don't bother to look for my zipfile. I hope a moderator can shine some light on what has happened to it.
I used 'upload a file' and that worked but it did not show up in my message.

Reaction score
maybe the file too large or something... yes the files from europe they also have in usa from other models,,those I got for starter files to edit... my Privia has 3 GREAT rythems but they cannot be exported :O( so I am recreating them from scratch in the 7500...

oh I gave you some interesting info in the other thread we were at others in this thread might find some interesting https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/two-ctk-7000s.23768/#post-161987

Ask a Question