YAMAHA -70 VS M-AUDIO PROKEYS 88 - NEED TO DECIDE TODAY

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a cheap, reliable, weighted keyboard with a decent piano sound. I do not want to have to replace it within 2 years.

I've narrowed my search down to a used Yamaha P70s (which I think is the same as a P70, but the s stands for silver) and the M-Audio Prokeys 88. The latter has gained a very infamous reputation for poor sound and build quality, but all of the extra features compared to the Yamaha model make it pretty attractive.

I can get the Yamaha for £200 + shipping, or the M-AUDIO for £250. The Prokeys seems pretty used, as the seller has mentioned that the LEDs have started burning out.

Please, please post your opinion below, I need to decide which one to buy by the end of today, and I am totally indecisive.

Reaction score
I don't know anything about either keyboard however your post indicates that the M audio has a reputation for poor sound and quality build and that the LED's have started to burn out. Based on this alone I would discard this keyboard from even being an option .....

Ask a Question