Yamaha backorder looking at Casio alternative

Reaction score
Anybody else frustrated with the Yamaha backorder? I know, first world problem but I've been trying to order a Yamaha PSR EW425 since my birthday in September and it's still on backorder. I'm beginning to think it won't be available until the new year. Anybody "Patiently" waiting? I'm also wondering if when it finally starts shipping if I should wait a bit and let manufacturing work out any bugs, although this keyboard was in production at one point.

My frustration is making me start to look elsewhere. I see Casio WK 7600 is a similar keyboard and price. Does anybody have any experience withi this arranger? One good thing is because it's been out for some time, there are used keyboards out there and I could probably score a deal through a reputable retailer. I've kinda been a Yamaha guy though so trying to wait it through.

Thanks all, I'm just gonna keep waiting.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's a fun little keyboard, pretty much the same as a CTK-6600 I picked up for $200 one year at a Boxing Day sale.

Might I suggest you scan the local classifieds and the used market in your area instead?

Instead of blowing $500 on a mediocre keyboard that same money will go a lot farther in the used market.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, I had a Korg Prologue on backorder for 4 months last year. Finally gave up and bought a Sequential Take 5 instead.

Never regretted it since.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
As you have not included your location I have no idea where you are

Here in the UK some stores like DV, PMT and the Musicroom are showing the EW425 in stock

Reaction score
I am in the Desert Southwest of the US. Interesting, maybe they are back in production and I have to be a little patient. Thanks all

Ask a Question