Yamaha DGX-660 Sustain Pedal problem

Reaction score
We have a church piano (Yamaha DGX-660) that has recently had problems with the sustain pedal function. When you press the pedal, the pitch slowly goes up whilst playing. Its acting almost like an expression pedal. I've checked the tuning, pitch bend knob, and transposition. I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Edit: Nothing is wrong with the sustain pedal itself, I've checked on a different keyboard and it works fine.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd suspect your pitch wheel is drifting ever so slightly. Might not even be noticeable with staccato playing but reveals itself on sustained notes. Try disabling the pitch wheel if you can and experiment.

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. I took it to a tech to look at a previous problem with the pitch bend itself (was stuck at +2 transposition) and he said he cut the wire altogether so the pitch bend is disabled.
I'd suspect your pitch wheel is drifting ever so slightly. Might not even be noticeable with staccato playing but reveals itself on sustained notes. Try disabling the pitch wheel if you can and experiment.to

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I dunno what kind of tech just cuts wires willy nilly but I'd bring it back to him to see if he can fix it.

The open circuit could be causing the problem.

He should have installed a new wheel.

The unloaded circuit could be the cause of your current problem.

Ask a Question