Yamaha e373/ew310: what is the difference between 001 (default gp) and 002 (gp)?

Reaction score
Hello, can someone describe the differences between these 2 voices (001 and 002)? Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
This isn't quite the answer you were looking for, but judging from the MIDI Bank and Program values it appears that Voice 002 on the PSR-E373/PSR-EW310 is the same as Voice 001 on the PSR-E363/PSR-EW300, so it's what you might call a "legacy" voice which has been included to maintain greater compatibility with the prior model.

Note, this doesn't necessarily mean that Voice 002 on the newer model will sound identical to Voice 001 on the older model, because it's possible-- maybe even likely-- that Yamaha changed some of the parameters for the voice or effects, such as increasing or decreasing the Main Volume, Main Reverb, Main Chorus, or selecting a different Reverb Type or Chorus Type for the voice, etc.

On the other hand, Voice 001 on the PSR-E373/PSR-EW310 is a "Live!" voice, which refers to the way the sound of the instrument was sampled. I'm not certain of the details-- I can't find a detailed description right now-- but I think it means the instrument was sampled using a setup that captured the actual reverberation and acoustics of the room. The specific model of piano that was sampled is probably different as well.

Reaction score
Great response, SeaGtGruff, and it is exactly the kind of answer i was looking for. Thank you!

Reaction score
Yes the 373's main piano voice was modeled from the CFX grand (sample came from a prior Tyros model) so the default piano sound is a massive upgrade from the 363

Ask a Question