Yamaha MM6 VS Korg M1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I recently bought a Yamaha MM6 and I am happy with my purchase.
It sounds great, looks great, has hundreds of patters (aka styles), has basic recording, USB connections and a huge LCD Display.
I was trying the Korg Legacy application and I found the Korg M1 to be a fantastic Synth altough it is pretty old. The sounds are heavy and full, it has a professional sequencer and can be upgradable with expansion cards.
The price diff is very small if I were to sell my MM6 and get one of those M1's but I would like to hear from someone who actually played one of those to help me make this decision. Am I going to have much nicer heavy and realistic sounds playing this M1 or I should stick with the MM6? If I had the money I would of course go for a Motif or a Juno G, but I can't find any other best bang for the bug besides the MM6 or the M1, any advises?
Thank you!

Reaction score
M1 has only 16 polyphony meaning when you layer just TWO sounds you'll have only 8. My opinion is that the M1 is not worth it. Stick with your mm6. It has some sounds from the motif line, looks WAY better and for crying out loud - it's a new keyboard :D

Ask a Question