Yamaha Montage

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The Montage isn't exactly "new" anymore, although I guess it's still "relatively new." ;)

I've heard that it sounds and plays great, but I've yet to lay a finger on one.

Or did you mean the new Genos, which is a different sort of beast-- an "arranger workstation" as opposed to a "synth"? I've heard that it sounds and plays great, too.

Personally, I can't afford either one, although the Montage is less expensive than the Genos and is arguably a better keyboard is some ways, at least in my book-- but I'm more interested in synths and sound design than in using auto-accompaniments.

Reaction score
Depends on use. As a live player board it's the best out there. Sounds are amazing. Instant accessibility to all programming and editing functions. Very easy to work with as opposed to it's competition, the Korg Kronos 2. Korgs KARMA is a nightmare for basic sound editing. 7 dif ways to set ADSR depending on which sound engine?...really?
I own both. Yamaha disadvantage is 3rd party sound libraries are limited and no internal polarity switch for damper pedal. You must buy Yamaha compatable or switchable pedal. Another shortcoming is very few acoustic instruments without vibrato in the sampled sounds. That said, Yamaha wins hands down as a live player board. The sounds are amazing and layering and splits and performance miss are a breeze.

Last edited:

Ask a Question