Yamaha moxf8 sounds to Yamaha yc61

Reaction score
I bought a yc61 and I love the organ sounds... the rhodes sounds in my Moxf 8, especially the clicky dyono, is much better. Is there any way to download specific sounds from Yamaha Company so that i can download the clicky dyno to my YC61?

Reaction score
There is no way to get MOXF sounds into YC61, though there are additional YC61 sounds on soundmondo. (Note that those are all variants of something that's already in there, you can't add new sample data to the YC, that can only come from Yamaha via their system updates.)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
In addition to what @anotherscott said, I assume that the YC and the MOXF use very different sound engines from each other, so even if you can find a built-in YC sound sample that's the same as whatever sound sample is used for the Clicky Dyno voice on the MOXF, it might be a challenge figuring out how to set all of the YC's voice synthesis parameters to match or at least closely approximate the corresponding parameters on the MOXF. However, if you have a voice-editing program that lets you easily view all of the parameter settings for a given built-in voice-- including which basic sound samples are used-- then you could list all of them and then see whether you can recreate an acceptable facsimile of the Clicky Dyno voice on the YC. If you don't have a nice voice-editing program for the MOXF, I assume you could still navigate manually through all of the available settings and jot down what their values are, but given the LCD screen and the format of the UI on the MOXF, I'm guessing that could be a lengthy process.

Reaction score
Actually, the non-organ sounds of the CK use the AWM2 engine, like the MOXF. But there are no deep editing parameters as there are on the MOXF, basically just what's on the front panel; and the editor (from John Melas) adds no additional synth editing parameters. The CK trades off being very tweakable for it being very easy to make the handful of adjustments that are most commonly used. It is not really a machine for sound designers the way the MOXF is.

Ask a Question