Yamaha psr e453 not responding keys depending on starting point of pressing

Reaction score
@Biggles
We seem to have yet another Op who came asked and went.
What do you mean by this?
That I left the thread without further replying after my last answer?
If you mean this i have replied and thank them all, because i understood the problem and how to solve it: i will check many keyboards to see how this feature can be better and playable for me.
As you see i am answering and i have checked the thread every day since the start of the thread for answers so to be not ungreatful or impolite to the people that contribute and also to help others who might deal with similar problems as mine to see the thread in the future more explained, completed by the continuiation of the thread. So why i did not further answer to the next considerations is firstly there is only one idea that maybe requires an answer and the other replies are not proposals but comments so i don't find anything to reply and secondly i did not answer to not tire people because i solved the problem.
So what is this idea that i considered to reply: It is the answer that says: improve you technique and use 2 fingers. So firstly how is this even possible to use 2 fingers for one key, i tried and it is way way worse than 1 finger. Secondly i am quicker than keyboard can handle so it is not my problem or my technique. Additionally we can't conclude many things from this idea beacause he or she do not have this keyboard and secondly how fast that i want is subjective but i say that is that fast as keyboard should handle, it is not alien fast.
I am never as simplistic and ungreatful etc to have the behaviour you describe Biggles.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I think you got your wire crossed @Biggles
The op @gntakis only joined us a week ago and has responded nicely.
You need to chill a little. Take it easy man. Take a de-stress pill. Get off the anti Yamaha train too :)

Welcome to the forums btw @gntakis

Ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
So firstly how is this even possible to use 2 fingers for one key, i tried and it is way way worse than 1 finger.
Check this video, you'll see it is impossible to repeat a key as quickly with one finger as you can with multiple fingers. If you work on repetition technique, I think you'll find that your keyboard is not really the limiting factor. In fact, I suspect you'll find that it's easier to repeat notes on your keyboard than it is on a real piano!

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Biggles
Either you should recheck what your system says or your system is wrong because i posted on 28/5, twice on 29/5 AND on 31/5. Also when you look to your system you possibly see how many times and when i logged in. Does not count when i didn't log in and saw the answers as a guest?, because as i said i checked the answers daily as a guest. So your method doesn't inform you for this.
@Rayblewit
thanks
@anotherscott
Interesting technique that i will try.
So i will not further reply to this thread because i think there is no need

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
One possibility that hasn't been mentioned yet is to experiment with using either the Harmony or Arpeggio feature. I think there is at least one Harmony Type or Arpeggio Type that can be used to repeat notes by holding down the keys. For example, I believe that certain preset voices-- such as Steel Drums, Timpani, etc.-- use a given Harmony Type or Arpeggio Type to repeat the notes as though rapidly playing with drumsticks or mallets. You could use that same Harmony Type or Arpeggio Type with any of the other preset voices, and use the Tempo to speed up or slow down the repetitions as desired. Then it would just be a matter of turning the Harmony or Arpeggio effect on when you want the notes to repeat as you hold down the keys, and turn it back off when you want to go back to playing normally.

Ask a Question