Yamaha psr e463 fill in

Reaction score
Hello! I have a problem with my yamaha psr e463 keyboard with the fill in button. When I press the button it does not change to main A or main B

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Is this with all of the built-in styles, or with a specific style-- possibly an external style (style file)?

What I'm getting at is, does it act like perhaps the button isn't working at all, or is it working sometimes but not all of the time? If it works sometimes, it might be that the particular style only has one variation. Or it could ge that the button is faulty and the keyboard needs to be serviced.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, you could see if a Yamaha dealer can service it for you. Otherwise, you could try opening it up yourself (which will void the warranty) and cleaning everything, especially blowing out any dust balls or anything else that might interfere with the mechanics of the buttons. I wouldn't try that myself, but if you do then be careful to use only the proper kind of cleaning liquid or you could damage the electronics.

Reaction score
If it's still under warranty, you could see if a Yamaha dealer can service it for you. Otherwise, you could try opening it up yourself (which will void the warranty) and cleaning everything, especially blowing out any dust balls or anything else that might interfere with the mechanics of the buttons. I wouldn't try that myself, but if you do then be careful to use only the proper kind of cleaning liquid or you could damage the electronics.

Reaction score
Is it ok to open it up myself? or I have to pay a yamaha dealer? I just bought this 3 years ago.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I believe the standard warranty is for 1 year, so it probably isn't under warranty anymore. Elektrotanya.com doesn't have the service manual, but the service manual for the PSR-E443 might be similar enough as far as the style control buttons:

Ask a Question