Yamaha PSR-EW425 - Import WAV

Reaction score
Bought the PSR-EW425 today - can't get a WAV to play from my flash drive (it is correctly formatted) - I go through the loading process and it says "TooLong" when I hit enter. The same WAV plays perfectly (on a different flash drive) on my Korg EK-50. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Bought the PSR-EW425 today - can't get a WAV to play from my flash drive (it is correctly formatted) - I go through the loading process and it says "TooLong" when I hit enter. The same WAV plays perfectly (on a different flash drive) on my Korg EK-50. Any help would be appreciated.
I figured it out. WAV must be 16 bit.

Reaction score
Any other ideas, to get the wave file going, please?
For your help, thanks so much!
Arabelle

Reaction score
Any other ideas, to get the wave file going, please?
For your help, thanks so much!
Arabelle
Make sure your flash drive has a folder that reads "USER FILES", then load your WAV files to the flash drive from your PC or other computer. Insert the flash drive before turning on the keyboard - select any stored sound you have first - then - press the "sound / audio" button twice to recall the WAV files from the flash drive on your keyboard. They will now play. Remember: Your flash drive MUST be formatted - then add the folder name "USER FILES" BEFORE transferring WAV files to the flash drive.

Reaction score
Make sure your flash drive has a folder that reads "USER FILES", then load your WAV files to the flash drive from your PC or other computer. Insert the flash drive before turning on the keyboard - select any stored sound you have first - then - press the "sound / audio" button twice to recall the WAV files from the flash drive on your keyboard. They will now play. Remember: Your flash drive MUST be formatted - then add the folder name "USER FILES" BEFORE transferring WAV files to the flash drive.
Thanks so much foryour help!
Best,
Arabelle

Reaction score
I have another question! Now I managed the wave file, but I can hardly hear the sound of the keys, when I play along! Is there a way to balance both out?
For your help thanks so much in advance again!!
Best,
Arabelle

Reaction score
I have another question! Now I managed the wave file, but I can hardly hear the sound of the keys, when I play along! Is there a way to balance both out?
For your help thanks so much in advance again!!
Best,
Arabelle
It sounds like you have your WAV files mastered at a much higher volume than what you can sound your keyboard volume. I had to use freeware Audicity to lower the dbl - by about -9 or -12dbl to get a level sound from the WAV files playing and accompanying. It is a simple software - https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Ask a Question