Yamaha sx900 vs Kong Pa700

Reaction score
Hi everyone!I thank you in advance if you are reading this thread.I currently have a Roland E-09.I was planning on purchasing a new arranger keyboard for church .I live in India and I have narrowed it down to korgPa700 vs Yamaha sx900.Both cost very similar here and I m in a dilemma because my heart says Korg because of its amazing features not seen in the Yamaha .But my mind says sx900 because the service centres are near by and I hear that it’s easier to navigate .I would be playing mostly piano sounds and use Indian type styles for church .Please help me make a decision.I would love your opinion on this.Thank again!!

3dc

Reaction score
Yamaha PSR-SX900 is comparable to Korg Pa1000 not Pa700. The SX900 has 525 styles while Korg Pa700 has only 370. SX900 has Vocal Harmony and Synth Vocoder. You can record in wav format in SX900 but not in Pa700.

So if you can by all means buy the SX900.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Welcome.

It is odd that they are similar in price here in the UK the SX900 is c£1650 while the Pa700 is c£950.

Yamaha has the better piano sounds but the Korg blows it away for everything else.

There are dozens of free add on Styles freely available on the Korg Bonusware site.

I would say that it depends upon who is going to play the keyboard, if they are used to Yamaha menu systems then go Yamaha, the Korg will take quite a bit of effort to learn the OS but once learned it is quick to access and operate.

Reaction score
Hey guys!We finally got a Yamaha sx900 by the grace of God.Your opinions have played a huge role in this!Thank you very much!

Ask a Question