Yamaha PSR SX900 one silent key on one voice

Reaction score
Reluctant to return the keyboard...

On middle G on preset:/perc.&drums vibraphone there is very little sound.
the other vibe works okay as is the one sent to me and is on the USB.

I know there is some kind of a hardware update on the yamaha website. Firmware Installation Procedure
how do i know if it was applied at the factory?

is this a common problem?
thanks

Reaction score
1.05 was released last 17 July and a normal Company would list what the update would provide by way of additional features and bug fixes.

Given that the SX is still fairly new and they are at release 1.05 that to me would indicate quite a few bug fixes.

Asking if this is a common or known issue over at the psr forum would give more responses from the owners there.

If I had this problem the keyboard would be returned for a full refund.

Reaction score
i can return it but will the new one be any better and might it have covid on it?
thanks

Reaction score
Covid, is easily sorted, wear a mask and unpack it outside.

As long as the packaging has the original seal any active Covid will only be on the surface of the packaging.

Who knows if the replacement will be better?

If it to has the same issue return it and buy a Korg Pa which is arguably a better all round arranger than the SX.

Reaction score
If covid was that easy why are there millions with it?
let us agree to go back to keyboard issues

Reaction score
If covid was that easy why are there millions with it?
let us agree to go back to keyboard issues

I am not with you, you asked about Covid being on it.

Presumably with "it" being the keyboard.

Any active Covid would be on the outside packaging, any Covid on the actual instrument would have become deactive about three after the keyboard was packed at the factory.

Covid discussions are a whole different ballgame.

Regarding your issue of dead key, you are not getting much response here, so have you asked the question over at the PSR Forum?

If not then that is the place to go.

My last set of advice to you on your SX is to send it back and then for you to buy a Korg Pa 1000, which is a better Arranger anyway

Reaction score
NOTHING is know about covid. it is all conjecture. ( actually little was know about SARS either)
Putting the question on the other forums is a good idea.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
For the record, the conclusion on the other site was that this is being caused by one of the EQ settings on that voice, and that by changing the guilty setting the problem goes away.

Moral of the story: There are a lot of settings that can affect the sound of a voice; the factory presets might be using settings which are problematic; and it can be a royal pain to isolate the problematic settings and figure out what to change them to.

Ask a Question