Yamaha YPG-635 grease.

Reaction score
I have a few DEAD keys on my YPG-635. I have taken the keyboard apart, and in the process of cleaning. I am removing old grease from all the keys and associated parts. Also blowing everything out and vacuuming. Cleaning contacts also. Was wondering if anyone can tell me a grease to use on the keys before assembly. TIA

Reaction score
I respond a little apprehensive about getting a retort from Master Yamaha Technician HR1 but here goes.

Google Yamaha key grease and you will get plenty of suppliers showing.

There are quite a few different greases available.

Reaction score
I just gotta get me one of these

6692D39C-FF69-4326-A1A6-62C03899D3BB.jpeg

Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses. I ended up using a can of CRC White Silicon grease I had in the garage. Sprayed it on a sheet of waxed paper and applied with a Q-Tip. Seems to be working smoothly. Now to put it all back together (all zillion screws). Thanks again all. Will post results when I am done.

Reaction score
I realize people think I am crazy to mention keyboard grease for my YPG-635, but the service manual calls for grease in 3 locations. I did a search for VE968501 Yamaha key grease, and found some. Expensive, so I just used white grease, as I have heard that's all it is. Just updating in case anyone else needs the Yamaha part number for the grease.

Reaction score
Crazy is good, we all can probably relate to being that way.

So by now you have it all reassembled OK and it is fully functioning?

Reaction score
Crazy is good, we all can probably relate to being that way.

So by now you have it all reassembled OK and it is fully functioning?
No Biggins, key bed is all over my kitchen island. I took out all the hammers when doing the cleaning and lubing, not realizing that they were different. I have a chart from the service manual that shows 4 different weights for different parts of the keyboard. W1, W2,W3 and W4. Problem is, my keys are all of those, but have a dash number after the letter, like W-8, W-0, etc.. Have to figure out what the dash numbers are. I actually have a couple the are duplicates, like W-1. Baffling. ARRRGGGHHH!
Did find the problem though with not playing correctly. 2 circuit board traces were bad, just used very thin wire and jumpered.
Thanks for your response from previous post. Stay safe

Ask a Question