A good sound to harmonize with saxophone

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! So I have a couple of musical projects where we have the standard rythm section and in addition a saxophone player, I am not personally a big fan of synthetic brass sounds on keyboards but I still would love to imitate that chunky-bright effect so that the lonely sax player feels he has a backup section harmonizing with him when needed! Anyone else in the same situation has ideas or magic recipe? I've created a few synthy/organ/even piano patches but I always feel like the impact is not strong enough...thanks for sharing suggestions!

Reaction score
I used to play sax but now only keys. I've worked with a few sax players over the years and find that it is most convincing to play in unison w/ the sax using a trumpet or good section patch. Remember, a little goes a long way, and I just cover significant recognizable parts along with him. He also has an EWI which he uses to play some section horn samples, and we play together to cover some EWF tunes that way. I've taped some of the shows and it's very convincing. Don

Ask a Question