A question about midi

Reaction score
Hello, This may sound like a dumb question, but I have been looking online all day & can't find an answer. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Basically, I use a lot of old keyboards/synths in my band(mostly old Casios etc)
I was wondering if there was a way that i could record all the sounds/voices off all the keyboards I am using for any given show on to one keyboard(which I'm guessing would be midi)
If this is possible, would I have to use a laptop on stage?
I looked in to the Korg Microsampler, which looked promising, but from what I can find out doesn't have much memory.
In short, I am looking for a way to cut down on the amount of gear I have to carry to shows, but still have the same sounds. As much as I love my old crummy keyboards, it is a bit of a nightmare having to lug them about & plug them all in & out( I only have a 6 channel mixer).
If anyone has a solution please let me know.
Thanks.
RM

Reaction score
While it is technically possible to make digital samples of all the sounds you use, it would be a large technical task and require a pretty expensive investment in software and hardware. I would suggest researching more current pro keyboards and try to transition to one board. B3

Ask a Question