B3 sound with a Triton or Trinity?

Reaction score
Hey guys! I just found this forum. Awesome. I can't believe I didn't know about this place before!

Anyway, I've been trying for years to get a good tasty Hammond B3 sound out of my Triton LE or Trinity. There are a lot of decent sounds that come -close- but nothing that really captures the sound right. I know, I know. This has been a source of frustration with keyboard players forever, and the only good way to get the B3 sound is with a B3. But alas, I'm not luggin' one around the dang country.

I guess I was just hoping for some tricks or tips to help me achieve that sound. I was thinkin' about getting a Leslie, but I don't know if that'll do the trick.

Anyone got any iders?

Reaction score
'
I suspect you already know the answer to your question! - the only thing that's going to sound exactly like a B3 is a B3!!!

The next best (an hugely more portable) option is the current crop of 'clonewheel' organs... the main ones on the market at the moment are Korg's BX3/CX3, Hammond's own XK3 series, Roland's VK8, and Clavia Nord's Electro/Stage.

Allthough you can get some good emulations out of the Triton Le/Trinity, they just do not
have the 'flexibilty' of the dedicated organs above - it's much easier on these things to make adjustments to the drawbar positions etc,
which is all part-&-parcel of playing an authentic-sounding organ.

Reaction score
Not to mention Roland fantom! in my opinion the organ is great! but yeah as above the bx3 or Nord electro

Ask a Question