Basic under-$100 keyboard

Reaction score
I'm looking for a keyboard with MIDI (or USB) connection, touch-sensitive keys, sustain pedal port, and as little lag/delay as possible, for using with Pianoteq.
I've been looking at the Acorn 61 Masterkey but ideally I'd like 88 keys if that's possible with my budget. If that's unrealistic, do you recommend the Acorn Masterkey?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if you could find a decent 49 key controller for anywhere near $100.

It's up to you man. You get what you pay for.

Personally I like Alesis controllers or otherwise I'd recommend an Arturia or an Akai but all of these blow the snot out of your budget.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And a friendly warning, stay away from the M-Audio Oxygen series. Biggest piece of crap that I ever owned.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Under $100? Nope.

Looked for a used keyboard from the 90's. Even those will be a few hundred dollars.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
eBay has a DX9 as a buy it now for $100. (A DX9 was the baby brother to the DX7.) There's also a DX21 (another baby brother) as well as at least one eMu keyboard. I also saw one for $21.

But you get what you pay for. I loved my DX7, back in the 1980s. But it's in the attic and probably needs significant work to get it running again.

Ask a Question