Bass Pedals PSR-S775

Reaction score
I have bass pedals connected to my Yamaha-PSR-S775. Can anyone tell me how I can adjust the bass volume from the bass pedals without at the same time adjust the bass volume at the style?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you saying you have bass pedals-- that is, a pedalboard-- such as commonly used with organs?

If so, I think the answer to your question depends on how you've got the keyboard set up as far as how it uses the MIDI data coming from the pedals. Are you using the pedals to control the style, or are you using them to play on a channel that's separate from the style parts?

In general, the volume of a given MIDI channel is controlled by the Channel Volume message (CC #7), so if you've linked the MIDI IN channel that the pedals are received on to, say, one of the Song channels, you can adjust the volume of the pedals' notes from the keyboard by adjusting the volume of that Song channel. Or, if you've got the pedals going to, say, the Right2 voice, you can adjust the volume of the Right2 voice.

But if you're using the pedals to control the style, it might depend on whether you're using the "MIDI Pedal 1" or "MIDI Pedal 2" template, or a user-defined template. I'm not familiar with the differences between "MIDI Pedal 1" and "MIDI Pedal 2," but if the pedals are being used to play a specific style part then you would need to adjust the volume of that style part. If the pedals are being used to control the chords, I'm not sure the volume matters.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Sorry, on re-reading your question I see you want to "adjust the bass volume from the bass pedals," rather than adjusting the volume from the keyboard. In that case, what controls does the pedal unit have? What is the make and model of the pedalboard?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I also play a Hammond Organ SKX with a pedalboard (older model) and I now want the pedalboard to work in the same way playing with the PSR-S775.
It means that I can play the bass/pedalboard completely separated from the left part and the right part.

Studiologic MP-113 MIDI Bass Pedal is the cheapest pedalboard.

Hammond`s pedalboard Hammond XPK-130G have a built in sound generator with its own bass sounds.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I think the PSR-S models have a fourth Keyboard part that can be played with a controller-- that is, R1, R2, L, plus a bonus part that you can't access from the panel. Then there are the four parts which are used by the Multi Pads, the eight parts that are used by the Style, and the 16 parts that are used by the Song.

So you could either link the pedalboard's MIDI to that bonus part, or link it to any one of the Song parts.

Then you might be able to set up two of the Multi Pads to adjust the appropriate Channel Volume using Increment and Decrement. But I'm just brainstorming out loud, and have no way to set up and test anything like this myself.

Ask a Question