Best keyboard for my 85 year old grandmother?

Reaction score
Hello. I want to thank you in advance for any help you can offer. Thanks!

I am looking to purchase a complete keyboard kit (stand, keyboard, earphones) for my grandmother for under $330.

She has played organ recreationally since she was a little girl, and we recently had to move her across country and leave her old wooden, stand up, electronic organ behind.

She plays lots of German music from the 20s and 30s. I know she uses beats extensively, as well as metronomes, and effects such as brass.

I really have no idea where to start other than at the local Target, but I get the idea that those keyboards might be a disappointment as far as quality.

Any advice on models that would work for her is HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hej, hej,

I think in your price range the Casio WK-6500 is a good keyboard with 76 keys (there is a equal one Casio CTK-6000 with 61 keys).

I would recommend the WK-6500 because if your grandmother is a piano player she needs 76 keys. When she plays a lot of german songs of the golden twenties there she will find a lot auf Big Bands-, Foxtrott- Swing-, Quickstep- and other usefull registrations.

Here you find a good offer for 299.99 US Dollar

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/WK6500

The other one costs 199,99 US Dollar

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CTK6000/

But I recommend the more expensive one.

With regards

goldi5210

The Y_man

Reaction score
She has played organ recreationally since she was a little girl, and we recently had to move her across country and leave her old wooden, stand up, electronic organ behind.

She plays lots of German music from the 20s and 30s. I know she uses beats extensively, as well as metronomes, and effects such as brass.

I really have no idea where to start other than at the local Target, but I get the idea that those keyboards might be a disappointment as far as quality.

Oddly enough, I'd actually recommend another organ..... unless she is really adventurous.....

Otherwise, she might miss things like the pedals, might want drawbars but find half the buttons on a modern keyboard useless, find touch sensitivity a novelty, and if she's come off a double decker - could be missing one whole board!

The Y-man

Ask a Question