Buying Expensive Keyboards

Reaction score
Quite a lot of keyboards are in very short supply especially the sub £1000 ones.

Just had a look at UK suppliers and Casio are listed as Late Feb and some models mid March.

Yet others which are part of a bundled deal are available tomorrow.

My local store has 1 Korg XE20 in stock and I see you quote £ so if you are in the UK check them out A&C Hamilton, they are 15 minutes away from where I live.

Dawsons in Manchester also have them in stock

I have bought instruments from both these stores.

Reaction score
Ended going back to the Yamaha P45, if i didn't doubt my choices so much i would of stuck with it from the start. Anyway it's been shipped and should be here in the next couple of days. Thanks for all your help through this mess @Biggles i really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
Supposed to get my Yamaha today but UPS has changed delivery to tomorrow, not happy and rang them up. They said delays are because of Covid yet other mail is being delivered on time, even Yodel got a delivery to me and they are the worst company i have ever dealt with

Reaction score
My moaning must of worked, it's just this minute arrived. The Box is heavier and bigger than i anticipated, think i need to move things around in the living room. In the end i think i am happy with my choice. Also the actual box hasn't been bashed around so that's a bonus as well.

Reaction score
I boUght he Juno DS 88 last year as a second practice instrument and it is serving me well. I started playing again after a long hiatus. I also have an upright at home.

Reaction score
@LisaL My Yamaha P45 arrived on Tuesday just gone and i am still in shock over the build quality and the weight of it. I was expecting something lighter and cheaper plastic but the overall size and weight has left me dumbstruck. My Fender Guitar has always been my favourite instrument but i can see that changing over the next few days and weeks. It's sat on a stand bang in the middle of my living room so will have to empty the spare bedroom and convert it into a music room. Loving it so far though.

Reaction score
@ about 25 lbs your Yamaha P45 is pretty lightweight for a digital piano.

The ranger topping P515 is all of 48 1/2 lbs.

The Portable Grand range which has the DGX 670 is 47 lbs.

Reaction score
@ about 25 lbs your Yamaha P45 is pretty lightweight for a digital piano.

The ranger topping P515 is all of 48 1/2 lbs.

The Portable Grand range which has the DGX 670 is 47 lbs.
Wow, It certainly feels heavier that 25lbs unless i am getting weak in my old age, don't think i want anything heavier, when i have been learning a while i might go for an Arranger or some sort of Synth. Don't see me parting with the Yamaha though, i have it running through my Roland 40XL which has a looper and other nice effects. The speakers on the P45 are pretty weak, sounds nice through Headphones though.

Reaction score
@LisaL My Yamaha P45 arrived on Tuesday just gone and i am still in shock over the build quality and the weight of it. I was expecting something lighter and cheaper plastic but the overall size and weight has left me dumbstruck. My Fender Guitar has always been my favourite instrument but i can see that changing over the next few days and weeks. It's sat on a stand bang in the middle of my living room so will have to empty the spare bedroom and convert it into a music room. Loving it so far though.
Good luck with the music room. I can see doing that.
My "music room" is a corner in my office where the Juno is. This way I can play and not disturb hubby when he's watching football in the family room where the upright is.

Reaction score
I live on my own @LisaL so can't really upset anyone except my Sister who lives next door. If i am playing it through the Amp it can be quite loud but have to say the Yamaha sounds like a different instrument with the amp. I have started emptying a unused bedroom where everything musical is going to go, at the minute i have my Piano smack in the middle of the living room so really need to set it up elsewhere.

Ask a Question