Change Scale with button

Reaction score
Hi.

My AKX10 just arrived. Maybe someone is in the same situation as me and got a solution. I play oriental and western music. There are songs where i have to switch fast to another scale. I know it is possible with the Menu on the Touchscreen. But sometimes it hast to be fast. Is there a way to use one of the 3 assginable switches for this? Any other ideas how to get that to work? External Midi-Buttons?

Greetings
K.M

Reaction score
Im my opinion it would be a good practice option to save each tune condition to a Performance memory slot. You can than save the whole Performance memory bank to the User memory or USB Stick and name it according the corresponsing song.

Reaction score
OK I think I must explain the conditions. When I play at weddings normally 1 gig is about 30 to the 60 mins. That means nonstop playing... Mostly its the same style but different songs. So I had to change the user scale sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes or sometimes a song have 2 different scales. I mean there are solutions. But I thought there is an internal solution.

This should work as a 3rd party solution

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The manual seems to imply that the selected scale is saved in a Performance Memory. I say this because the information about "locking" different settings so they won't be affected by recalling a Performance Memory shows "Scale" as one of the settings that can be locked.

Thus, you should be able to select a scale-- either a predefined scale tuning or one that you've saved as a User Scale-- and save it (along with your other keyboard settings) to a Performance Memory.

Then, if you want to instantly change the scale tuning while playing, make sure that you do NOT have the Scale option selected on the "Lock Setting" screen, since you DO want the recalled Performance Memory to change the currently-selected scale to the one that was saved to the Performance Memory.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
OK I think I must explain the conditions. When I play at weddings normally 1 gig is about 30 to the 60 mins. That means nonstop playing... Mostly its the same style but different songs. So I had to change the user scale sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes or sometimes a song have 2 different scales. I mean there are solutions. But I thought there is an internal solution.

This should work as a 3rd party solution

I don't see Medeli on their list of approved models.

Get a money back guarantee.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't think a 3rd-party solution is needed for this.

Anyway, it looks like the product linked to is (a) currently out of stock due to supply issues with the parts, and (b) custom made when ordered so all sales are final.

Reaction score
The manual seems to imply that the selected scale is saved in a Performance Memory. I say this because the information about "locking" different settings so they won't be affected by recalling a Performance Memory shows "Scale" as one of the settings that can be locked.

Thus, you should be able to select a scale-- either a predefined scale tuning or one that you've saved as a User Scale-- and save it (along with your other keyboard settings) to a Performance Memory.

Then, if you want to instantly change the scale tuning while playing, make sure that you do NOT have the Scale option selected on the "Lock Setting" screen, since you DO want the recalled Performance Memory to change the currently-selected scale to the one that was saved to the Performance Memory.
You are an Genius :D. I would have never ever figured it out. This works for me. I define 2 Performance Memory Slots and set 1 to Arabic Scale and the Other to Equal. Then I Lock everything except the Scale and can quickly switch between 2 Scales :D.

Thanks a lot! It works for me this way.

Ask a Question