Filtering out midi program changes from a keyboard to external synths

Reaction score
I would like to use an old Yahama PSS - 680 to trigger external synthesizers. I’m mainly interested in using the auto accompaniment that it has. This sends bass and chord and lead patterns on separate midi channels. I have managed to send this to multiple external synths set to the corresponding channels and it works well.

However the keyboard also sends a lot of program change midi signals which often changes settings and patches on the external synths. I would like to be able to filter out all this program information so that it doesn’t send to any external synths I’m sending midi too.

I know Midi Solutions has Boxes that can do clever stuff with midi but does anybody know what I need exactly ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Oscar

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look in the MIDI settings of all your synths to disable program change in and out.

That should do it.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I would like to be able to filter out all this program information so that it doesn’t send to any external synths I’m sending midi too.

I know Midi Solutions has Boxes that can do clever stuff with midi but does anybody know what I need exactly ?
Event Processor or Event Processor Plus are the ones that filter out unwanted MIDI commands.

Ask a Question