Yamaha DGX 620 - Disabling receiving program changes?

Reaction score
I want to send MIDI to my keyboard but use the keyboard itself to select what voice to use. Currently when I send midi notes, all sounds are played through the default portable grand sound that comes as the first voice on the keyboard. Does anyone know if I can disable receiving program change messages to allow local control of the keyboard just for PC but still receive midi notes?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The keyboard itself doesn't include settings for filtering out specific types of MIDI events, so you'll need to filter out any unwanted events before you send the MIDI to the keyboard.

However, the keyboard does have a function that might help you-- "Song Melody Voice," which is described on page 84 of the Owner's Manual. I think you should be able to use this function to select the voice that the received MIDI data will be played with. However, if you were to send a Program Change to the keyboard after having used this function, you would need to use the function again, so it isn't a perfect solution, just a possible workaround.

Ask a Question