Changing main voice in a song

Reaction score
I made a pop style with split and dual voices plus arpeggio. In the middle of the song I want to change the main voice. I copy the style from one memory bank to another but when I select a new main voice, the other voices change or disappear so I would have to redo the whole thing. Is it not possible just to change the main voice? How else can I change from say piano to flute in a song?
Thanks for any suggestions. My keyboard is a PSR 453.
Linda.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I believe the memory bank will memorize your settings including main voice as well as tempo, style etc. To change voice midway through the song then you may have to manually change it. Or have the second voice preprogrammed in the mixer.
Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The problem you've run into is caused by the way the preset voices are programmed and stored, Each preset voice has numerous settings associated with it, including the Dual Voice number and settings-- even such things as the Reverb Type, Chorus Type, Arpeggio Type, and so on. Whenever you choose one of the preset voices as the Main Voice, all of those other settings get changed as well, and there's no way to stop that from happening.

You'll have to use the longer method-- recall the original Registration, go through the Function list to write down each function's setting as stored in the Registration, change the Main Voice as desired, go through the Function list again to change back any settings that got changed by the Main Voice's preset values, and then save everything to a new Registration.

Ask a Question