Curious keyboards and such

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
More of an ensemble really but when the terminators come for humanity musicians will be the first taken :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Fin

Reaction score
Cool... This is pretty awesome.
Skip to 0:40 for the music. FIRST TIME IN YEARS PLAYING!!!
One of my favorite organ pieces...

Not so, "Different," but It's the worlds largest pipe organ. It also has drums, and all sorts of other instruments build in. (Real drums being hit when keys are pressed!!!)
Full documentary:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The history of the Hammond Organ...

It hasn't all been rosebuds and caviar for the Hammond Corp.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Wow! That Korg comes in a close second to the Otomatone for "World's Most Annoying Instrument." :D

Gary :D

Fin

Reaction score
Still not quite sure what the "Doncamatic" Is... Drum machine with a ten note effect keyboard? Cool...
:D

Reaction score
Still not quite sure what the "Doncamatic" Is... Drum machine with a ten note effect keyboard? Cool...
:D
You've pretty much nailed exactly what it was. Was designed in the 60's to be an accompaniment to guitarists more than anything, and the "keyboard" was almost an afterthought. Korg at the time was a collection of a handful of blokes, far from the company they are today.

Apparently the term "Doncamatic" comes from the fact the thing went "donc...donc...donc..".

When I read your thread title I thought, it definitely qualifies on the basis of "curious"!

Cheers!

Fin

Reaction score
Certainly does... It's kinda like the "bonk bonk" rhythm machine that my Japanese remake Hammond has... I'll make a vid of it... ;)

Ask a Question