DGX-660 Mic HELP!!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just purchased a Yamaha DGX-660 because I am planning to create songs with it. My question is if the 660 has built in preamps for vocals? I am ok with a keyboard but much more of a singer and need my vocals to be good. I plan on just using a usb stick to record on and then use Protools to adjust whatever I need. The problem is that I don't know if the 660 will be able to record my voice well enough. I was hoping to just buy a SM58 mic and plug it in to record on the keyboard itself. My other option is to use my AKG c214 along with my preamp and record directly into my computer for vocals only and then mix the keyboard in later with Protools. Any suggestions?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Based on the information on pages 69 - 71 in the Owner's Manual, it looks like you can adjust the mic input volume, EQ settings, and reverb/chorus send levels on the keyboard, so I imagine you should be able to achieve a decent enough recording on the keyboard itself.

Ask a Question