E423 or PSR S500 / S550

tim

Reaction score
Hello Im new to your forum and would welcome your expert assistance !!

I am looking for a second hand keyboard to entertain residents of OAP homes.I play guitar but would prefer to use keyboard and vocals.Any comments on the above keyboards would be of great help to me.Do any of the mentioned display lyrics on screen to save carting sheet music round with me.

Your suggestions and comments would be most helpful

Thank you

Reaction score
Hello, Tim.

I have had a little experiance with both keyboards. I would say that the "PSR-s" series of yamaha keyboard sounds a bit better than the "PSR-e" series and comes with more features. My problem with the PSR-s500 or '550 (including the '650) would be the editing features (limited). But if editing is NOT what you want, then full speed ahead. Editing may be an issue, later, though. If this is so, than you would want any of the PSR-s700 or higher.
I would recomend you getting the best that you can afford, because sometimes you end up regretting NOT doing so, (just a thought....)

..........................................Pat

MAK

Reaction score
hi .,.,i have some past experience of playing several YAMAHA keyboards n i played PSR 510 a lot.,.,.,now i have this PSR s500 but unfortunately i cant do many things that vr very much present in that old psr 510 even i cant even play my resgistered voices with one style ,.,.its style also changes when i change the registered voice .,.,i dont know may b i dont know the settings but if some do plz i m waiting to show me thw way .,.,

Reaction score
Sorry, it is not clear what you mean................but I'll share what I have experienced with the PSR-S500.

I have written some music on the S500 and later played it back on the S910. It played nicley, but the style was not recognized on the S910, even though they were the same style and brand. So, if this is the same happening with you, that is one of the things you apparently have to put up with when changing keyboards.

Not familiar with "registered voices", and which settings are you talking about?

.....................Pat

MAK

Reaction score
hi ,.,sorry may be i m not clear ,..,,.,here i try again .,.,there is usually a FREEZE button that locks the beat / style that u r playing with auto bass chord.,.,now if u change ur voice { not from direct source input } but from ur register bank memory that u have made in 1 to 8 numbered buttons just bellow ur screen , the same beat plays n u can use different voices u have registered in bank memory ,.,..,in this PSR s500 model there is no such freeze button ,.,.so if u pre-set ur 1 to 8 register bank buttons with different voices , that is wat these buttons r 4 ,.,..they also register beat / auto bass chord / tempo / all style setting with that VOICE that u have entered in that register bank button.,,.so when u r playing a rock beat at a tempo of 100 n u want to change ur voice from register bank 1 to 8 numbered buttons u will not only get the voice but ur beat n tempo will also change to the one u have saved at that register bank voice button .,,.its the prob i m facing,..,hope i m able to tell u guys wat i m facing

Reaction score
Hello Mak,

I looked into a psr-s550 owner's manual, and could not find the "FREEZE" function. There is such a function on the s700 and later models, sorry.

I do not like the s55-s650 models for that reason: Not much editing abilities. However, you would be able to work around that by using a MIDI editor, unless you want to do this all in real time.

Ask a Question