Midi program problem

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I own a Studiologic Numacompact 2x and a SL88 Grand master kb.

I connected the midi out of the SL88 Grand to the midi In of the Numa Compact, so I can use the sounds of the latter when the SL88 is not connected to my laptop with GarageBand via USB.

What I would like to do is to configure the programs of the SL88 to match specific sounds on the Numa Compact. I can do that quite easily for many instruments, but not for all. For example P01 Grand on the SL88 picks the instrument Concert Grand on the Numa, being program #1.

On the other hand, I installed a Japan Grand and German Grand into the Numa Compact but when programming the SL88, I can’t find the program number that picks those sounds in the Numa.

Not sure I explained the problem properly, hope it’s clear.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Firstly can I suggest that you do not post the same question in different sections, one wuestion in one section is enough.

Have you used the Studiologic software to see if it shows the locations where the additions sounds have been installed? If not that may help.

I have loaded the very same sounds onto my 2X but it and my Laptop are not connected at present.

Ask a Question