frequency software

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've been looking for several hours and i just can't seem to find it,

I have a keyboard attached to my computer, so this is my midi in
I was looking for software which let's me assign a specific frequency (which i choose myself) to each key.

For example, suppose i would assign the B6 key the A7 frequency, the B6 key would be an A7 key, just to the right of the A6 key

It's difficult to explain, i want to experiment with pitch classes and it would be much easier if 2 keys an octave apart would lie next to each other

For the midi out i would use my sound card, so i'm just looking for software to adjust my midi in

thanks..

Reaction score
ok......im sorry im pretty well versed in everything midi, and i have no idea what your trying to do. in logic you can learn any key you want and set it to any key you want? is that what you want to do? can you please try to explain that again? im perplexed

Reaction score
i wanted a computer program so i could assign my own frequency to each key of my midi keyboard and i have it now, i use fractal tune smithy but the midi output, the piano sounds, are so bad, it is not encouraging to make music

i can not use a sound font since i choose my own frequencies

so i'm still looking how i can create better midi sounds

if you could help me with that, that would be great !

Reaction score
If I understand you correctly, you're trying to change the pitch of each note to a different pitch. If you mean transposition (eg, moving every note on the keyboard up or down a fixed amount), that's pretty simple - you can probably do that on your keyboard. Changing individual notes is harder - we'll need to know a bit more about your setup - what keyboard and software are you using?

Reaction score
i use a yamaha dgx 220 and i use 'tune smithy' by which i can assign the frequency i want for each key,

now, i would just need a good MIDI out to use with tune smithy

i cannot send them back to my keyboard since it cannot handle custom frequencies

any ideas,

thanks

Reaction score
well.. to experiment, to make music which is impossible to make on a normal piano

Reaction score
ah gotcha, ok well what you want to do is remap your keyboard so that when it interfaces with your DAW each key is a seperate control.

Ask a Question