GS MIDI PLAYBACK IN KEYBOARD

Reaction score
I have been playing with the old school type midi in midi out Roland G 1000 GS MIDI ready keyboard sythesizer on which I would save commercial midi files 50 60 70's etc., onto a floppy disc then insert the disc into the keyboard i could edit change keys etc., which worked great, but the LCD display is fading and I can't get a part for it anymore a shame, so I would love to find a keyboard that is GS midi ready that I can save all my midi files from the floppy to a USB stick as that is the way go now and hopefully can plug the USB straight into the keyboard without the use of blue tooth computer etc. your help is so much appreciated, await your reply kind regards Noeline

Reaction score
You could possibly do what you want with your existing keyboard if you have a USB to SCSI cable. The G1000 has a SCSI port for an external drive like an IOMega, so potentially with the adapter cable you could read a USB stick through the SCSI connection. No guarantee it would work, but it could be worth investigating.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all, the Juno DS has superb GM and GS Voices.

Secondly, you'll need a computer and a USB Floppy Drive to accomplish the transfer to your computer.

The DS won't play MIDI files loaded from a USB stick but you could easily use the computer again and send the songs live over USB MIDI to play out for you.

If they are in fact in SMF or MID format then all you have to do is filecopy them to your HD and then download any one of dozens of free MIDI Player Softwares available for any platform to play them back over USB MIDI.

If the disks are in some weird, proprietary format then you'd have to scout around for some sort of conversion software.

Reaction score
You could possibly do what you want with your existing keyboard if you have a USB to SCSI cable. The G1000 has a SCSI port for an external drive like an IOMega, so potentially with the adapter cable you could read a USB stick through the SCSI connection. No guarantee it would work, but it could be worth investigating.
Thank you for your assistance and advice once the LCD display gives up I will be willing to enquire about this and give it a try thanks again for your help kind Regards Noeline

Reaction score
Thank you for your assistance and advice once the LCD display gives up I will be willing to enquire about this and give it a try thanks again for your help kind Regards Noeline

Ask a Question