Have you ever . . .

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
. . . stepped up to your keyboard and said to yourself . . ."what will I play?"

Today I said to my wife as she was settling down to watch a chic flick "I might play some music"
Because my keyboard is in the other room I cannot dusturb anyone. . I said "I dunno!. . maybe whatever sheet music I left on the stand last time is what I might play"

So I went to my keyboard and looked at it and the mind went blank!
'What shall I play?' My mind was in la la land and confused. .

This happens to me often . . Do I play standards . . same old stuff which is not a bad idea since I can get better and better at it . . Or should I try some new stuff which excites me and envigourates my brain :eek:
Or do I fiddle with the keys and inspire myself and write new tunes?

Do you guys have this dilemma?

Ray

Reaction score
I try to learn new songs periodically as I enjoy the challenge, but I also like to practice my favourites too.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I generally just start by first, placing my fingers just above the keys and pressing them down.I then do this again but often in a different location. You'd be surprised at how true that actually is. I just make up music 90% of the time. Funnily enough, I have to learn one of my own songs for next Thursday. That's going to be more difficult than I can imagine.I don't generally learn how to play my songs. I just write them for fun. Once recorded, I"m moving on.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I dig out something new, well not new, they are oldies but are new to me, for one of my compilation books.

Rattle the pseudo ivories to play as accurate as I can with no concern of the speed.

It helps me to i prove my sight reading.

One day I will get good at it, one day.

Ask a Question