Help Techncis Kn930

Reaction score
recently purchased a Technics KN930 Keyboard. Although I have the Manual I can not insert Styles on the keyboard. I am a layperson on the subject so if anyone could help me with a very simple tutorial

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Does it have a floppy disk drive?

Or does it have a USB floppy disk drive emulator?

Reaction score
I used to have one of those. You cannot add to the rhythms/styles held in the keyboard; you can only use/play them from the floppy disk. So if you load a non-standard style file from a floppy disk into your KN930 keyboard and use/play it, it will dissappear from your keyboard over a matter of hours after you switch off. Then when you switch on the keyboard again the following day you will have to reload that style file in order to use it.
In the end you find that you keep all your standard and non-standard settings for the various pieces of music you play, on floppy disk, and reload them when after the other.
Don't forget to use the panel memories on the right hand side of the keyboard to set up your progressive use of each style file's variations and changes of melody line instrument.

Reaction score
Ok RMepstead...
thank you very much for the information. but even reading the Style I can not play. I follow all instructions in the Manual. You could kindly inform me a step by step so I can play some style. I can read and end with the word COMPLETE.

Reaction score
Not sure what style file you have on your floppy disk that you wish to play, but it may not be compatible with the Technics KN930 which is one of the earliest Technics models. The KN930 will not play style files for more recent Technics keyboards. Where did you get the style(s) from that you are trying to use?

Reaction score
Ok - they are suitable for your KN930...
BUT... - Step One
they are zipped files; so they need unzipping before loading them to a floppy disk and therefore before loading them into your keyboard.

Reaction score
the simple diskette emulator the old floppy drives by an emulator that fits perfectly on the keyboard. It works perfectly because I already use Yamaha keyboard. It has Usb input where you insert the files.

Reaction score
I can't imagine the Technics KN930 which is close to 30 years old recognising such an item and responding to it, whereas your Yamaha is probably far more modern.

Reaction score
Transfer one unzipped set of style files from computer to floppy disk
Put floppy disk into the disk slot in the KN930
Press disk load button on the KN930 and the style will come up on the screen
Select that file and press load
That file will appear on your KN930 although you may have to select the memory load button to see it on the screen
Switch on synchro and break and start/stop buttons
Play a chord with your left hand, and the music will start playing
Complete

Ask a Question