Hi All... need some help please re: MIDI

Reaction score
Hi there.... working on a mediocre Casio keyboard, which has MIDI and computer capability, and am having a hell of a time getting it to properly "communicate" with my PC. Have downloaded software several times, plus Casio's Data Manager, and cannot get the computer to translate or understand the "native format" my keyboard uses. I am thinking maybe the MIDI is only for sampling FROM PC TO keyboard? I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I have tried to have the Data Manager capture the data from keyboard, then having my music software grab the file from the data manager's data folder, to translate into the music software, but it does not seem to be working. Any advice? (Besides buying a new keyboard right now... maybe at Christmas...)

Thanks!
Joni

Reaction score
Hi Joni,

What specifically are you trying to do with it? There are several modes of operation for that software, and all work slightly differently. The sampling function, if I remember rightly is to prepare samples on your computer, and transfer them to the keyboard to be played back on the keyboard. I never really used it as it seemed a little unpredictable.

Ask a Question