Need to choose a new board Please Help

Reaction score
Hello

I am going to buy a new board soon. I want something that I can play stuff like the Cure, New Order, Depeche Mode, Bjork,

I will be using the board for recording and live performances.

I used to own the XP-50 a while ago but had to sell it when I moved to Japan.
I liked the features of the XP-50 such as the seqeuncer, RPS function and more.

I have seen the Fantoms, Juno series, etc. I don't know what board is good for what.

Please help me choose. I will have about 2000 dollars, can add some more if have too.

Please.

Reaction score
Hey there g335, i own a fantom x6 with expanded with platinum trax and dance supreme ,as you said you like the sequencer and rps onthe xp50 well the fantom series maybe for you with these features as they have them ,however if you looking to do tunes like Cure, New Order, Depeche Mode, Bjork then maybe an analog synth would be better like the korg radias ,or the older korg z1,korg prophecy,roland jp8000 .If your looking for a workstation then i would seriously consider the fantom series but if you want to to do the stuff as you metioned then another idea might be getting yourself a yamaha ex7 & ex5 these beasts of a workstation can offer sampling,analog modeling ,sequencing ,and more ,all for a measly £900 on ebay .
Happy shopping .

Ask a Question