How do I change the Accompaniment Voice.

Reaction score
Welcome Hadders.

The first thing that usually gets suggested with any Yamaha keyboard is to perform a Factory Reset.

Save any user data you have like Registrations etc then perform the reset.

With the keyboard off, press and hold the furthest right white key, then press the power on button.

This tends to clear quite a significant number of different faults.

Do come back and advise if this resolves your problem.
Thank you Biggles! I did the reset as you suggested, turning on while holding down top C. At first it seemed nothing had changed: pressing ACMP just meant I could play one-finger chords using the muddy organ noise. But I discovered I can change SPLIT VOICE, then press SPLIT, then press ACMP and I get one-finger chords using the selected voice. Which is what I wanted!

Thanks again, hope this helps someone else who has the same issue.

Reaction score
Thank you Biggles! I did the reset as you suggested, turning on while holding down top C. At first it seemed nothing had changed: pressing ACMP just meant I could play one-finger chords using the muddy organ noise. But I discovered I can change SPLIT VOICE, then press SPLIT, then press ACMP and I get one-finger chords using the selected voice. Which is what I wanted!

Thanks again, hope this helps someone else who has the same issue.
Thanks to Biggles and to Hadders. I was frustrated with the same issue, with strings only for lower octaves when ACMP is on. Now, I can change the ACMP voice using this fix. The Yamaha manual offered no help, so I'm very happy to have found this forum and others who are exploring how to use such a complicated piece of gear! I just purchased a slightly used DGX-660 and want to learn as much as possible. Looking for a really good video tutorial that dives into some of the more advanced features, but have not found one!

Ask a Question