How to connect my analog syhnzesizer JX8P with my PC?

Reaction score
Hello, my name is helmut. I have a problem, who can help? I want to connect my analog synthesizer "Roland JX8P" with my PC. How does it work? If you are able to write in German, it is better for me. I changed my PC and the new PC doesn´t recognize the synthesizer JX8P. What can I do?
Please send me an Answer
Thank you
Helmut:)

Reaction score
Hello Helmut,

Just to be sure that I understand correctly:

- You are talking about a MIDI connexion (not just an audio connexion to the sound card), right?

- It was working correctly on your previous PC, but not in you new PC? What is your operating system? (Vista? MacOS X?) What software are you using?

Tut mir leid, ich spreche kein Deutsch. :)

Reaction score
MIDI connexion JX8P and Pc

Hello Helmut,

Just to be sure that I understand correctly:

- You are talking about a MIDI connexion (not just an audio connexion to the sound card), right?

- It was working correctly on your previous PC, but not in you new PC? What is your operating system? (Vista? MacOS X?) What software are you using?

Tut mir leid, ich spreche kein Deutsch. :)

Hello ypelletier,
I´m glad to talk with you, perhaps you can help me. My new PC has WINDOWS XP, my old one had WINDOWS 98. I work with music software ENCORE 4.5. There is a window where I can see MIDI connexions. In that moment I see: Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth (I think this is from the sondcard from my PC). Further I see no more Synthesizer, so where can I find my connected JX8P Syhnthesizer? My old PC showed me in the same Midi window: PCI 128 Midi-synthesizer, when I choosed that then I could hear the sound from JX8P.:)

Reaction score
OK, so your MIDI interface is a Creative Sound Blaster PCI128 ? Assuming the card has been properly installed in your new PC, you probably need to install an up to date driver in the PC. Try typing "PCI 128 windows xp driver" in Google to download the correct driver.

Ask a Question