How to save OTS settings

Reaction score
Sorry for maybe stupid question, but SX700 is my first Yamaha keyboard.
I want to save a style with changed OTS voices into registration memory. After selecting style I change voices e.g. for OTS2. Then while pressing MEMORY button I press also Registration Memory 5 button. Then I tick also on Save here field when exiting registration window. New settings should be stored under RM5 button, but they are not. After switching up and down RM5 plays again the original style without any change, like the OTS settings were there not stored. The only way I see is to press MEMORY button and Registration Memory button AND OTS2 button together. But then I get Style Creator window where I can create new style with only OTS2 changed against the original style.
It would be nonsense to have 10 times the same style with only OTS or tempo changes. These changes should be stored in registration memory (with the same style). But how to achieve this. What am I doing wrong way?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
This is how I do it . .

START / STOP . . . ON
SYNC START . . ON STANDBY.
OTS . . OFF
SELECT STYLE TYPE, TEMPO, VOICE, DUAL (if wanted), HARMONY (if wanted) INTRO (if wanted), MAIN A,B,C or D.
Any other setting as desired.
SELECT BANK . . ready.
Happy with selections . . then . PRESS and HOLD MEMORY whilst pressing BANK REGISTRATION. (RM5 in your case).
The computer in your KB will write it and save it.
Press EXIT. . All Done!

No idea what you mean by "Save Here Field"
Maybe your PSR SX700 is different than my PSR S650. ??? I don't need to save it. It is automatically saved.

Try it my way . . see what happens.

cheers Ray

Last edited:
Reaction score
Before you do anything further I suggest a Factory Reset is performed.

Then with the Registration page from both the Owners Manual and the Reference Manual readily accessible so that the precise procedure as printed in the Manuals is followed.

Its a Yamaha so expect a crap manual, they take the prize for the worst written closely followed by Korg.

NAM

Reaction score
OTS is coupled to the style so you have to save the style first, after changing OTS. After that you can save it to a registration memory.
You cannot change the OTS of a preset style so you have to rename the style and save it to the user memory or USB.
If you change the OTS of a user style you can keep the name or rename.
Good luck!
Bert

Ask a Question