How to use pattern sequence

Reaction score
The Roland Juno manual is very vague on how to use the pattern sequence. Being new to the Roland Juno, how do you use the pattern sequence while playing? It seem the pattern sequence is always in the c chord. Any info would be greatly appreciate. Thanks

Reaction score
I guess I did not explain it correctly. When I split the keyboard I want to use a saved pattern on the left (lower side) of the keyboard. I can not find information in the manual on how to accomplish this. Any ideas?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, you should be able to find most of your Juno DS answers by searching the forum.

Sorry to hear about your casio crapping out on stage the other night.

You have no time to waste getting the Juno DS stage ready. :eek:

Gary ;)

Oogie Wa Wa

Nate, bass and keys for The Feds Band
Reaction score
I've got four weeks now to the next couple of gigs, Gary, so maybe! If not, my schedule doesn't start until April. The other two guys do duo gigs or bring in a hired gun while I'm somewhere warm!

Answering the OP's older original post, which I accidentally brought back to life; Robert, you will need to record your own sequences in the keys you want. Instead of being in the preset (PRST) group you will save and recall them in/from the USER group. You are looking ones that are the examples that come with the keyboard.

The videos Gary posted should help you a lot, I know they did for me. You really won't need the split in this case, as each instrument will be associated with a separate pad, only record the bass part using the appropriate octave. If you do want a split on the live part, you can set that up in the patches you make yourself, I'd think. You can set any instrument to be restricted to play on a range of keys. Make your bass only work on the bottom two octaves, for instance, and your other instrument only work on the top three, assuming a 61 key unit. If you have more keys you'll have more flexibility where to put them and what range they cover.

Hopefully you've already realized this!

Ask a Question